How’s it going, readers? I have had some internet and hosting issues recently so I only managed to post the one recipe this week. If you haven’t checked out my spiced pear and earl grey tartlets recipe yet, you can do so here.
I have been having a lot of conversations recently with friends about adulthood and quarter life panic slash crises (it’s actually a thing now, would you believe). Then the other day, one of my nephews point blank asked me how old I am. It was on the tip of my tongue to retort back that you should never ask a lady her age but at the last moment, I decided to ask him instead how old he thought I was.
Half filled with dread, I waited for him to answer. He mulled it over with an overly deliberate contemplative expression, before offering, “20?” A satisfied grin broke out on my face (I am, in fact, some 3 and a bit years older) but I stopped myself from prematurely celebrating. “Wait,” I said, eyeing him carefully. “Is 20 old or young?”
“Old,” he replied matter of factly, with absolutely no hesitation this time.
I was too amused to reprimand him. To be that age again when 20 seems so old and wise!
But I digress, readers, here are 5 blogger recipes that have caught my eye this week and 5 great Etsy finds that would make a lovely gift for yourself or a loved one.
5 Blogger Recipes
- White Bean Soup by Halal Home Cooking – Algerian Loubia, or White Bean Soup. A perfect warming soup for this time of year, great for legume and pulse lovers.
- Prawn and Tamarind Curry by Chilli and Mint – Meaty prawns in a sweet and sour tamarind curry, yum.
- Crispy Falafel By Syrup and Glaze – Idk, how can someone not be a fan of falafel, huh??
- Sweet Potato Toffee Cake by Cleobuttera – This Egyptian foodie has the most tempting food pics around. Wait till you check out the shine on the chocolate ganache on this cake!
- Caribbean Banana Fritters by African Bites – Little bite sized banana fritters that I think would be perfect for banana bread lovers. Vegan friendly too.
5 Etsy Finds
- Hand Painted Wooden Baking Tools – Add character to your baking accessories with this hand painted pastry brush, rolling pin and spatula set.
- Hot Chocolate Cone Kits – Ready made gifts in a cone that come beautifully packaged. Makes lovely small gifts or favours.
- Cheeky Chilli Chutney – With chargrilled peppers and caramelised red onion, this is great if you’re a chilli lover. They have a range of gift wrapping options if you’re buying it as a gift or wedding favours.
- Valencia Blank Notebooks – If like me, you’re trying to get more organised with your blogging, then this set of 3 notebooks in a pastel geometric style would be great.
- Cutie Pie Cactus Terrarium – Love terrariums at the moment, and this cactus is indeed super cute.
If you’re an Etsy shop interested in being featured in future round ups, email me at email@example.com
As always, the background used in the graphic above can be downloaded as a part of a set from my Etsy Store here.
Make sure to subscribe to my newsletter to receive your free E-Book as well as other free printables and goodies that I send exclusively to my subscribers!