Can you believe another week has gone by already, readers?? We’re now already over halfway through October, crazy! This week on the blog, I posted a butternut squash and apple soup recipe and an Indonesian style fried noodles recipe, which you should check out if you have not already done so.
I am very quickly coming up to my 1st Bloggiversary, believe it or not. It’s hard to imagine that when this blog started off last year, I didn’t really know how to cook a lot of meals, especially traditional Bengali dishes. Not only did I want to track my culinary adventures, but I also was in need of a creative outlet to stop me from coming home from work and vegging out on the sofa in exhaustion. Safe to say it’s been a fun experience so far. Watch out for some special posts as we get closer to my official 1 year milestone in December!
And now on to my favourite blogger recipes and Etsy finds for this week.
5 Blogger Recipes
- Milk and Apple Pudding by Arabian Mama – A super easy layered dessert for Autumn, flavoured with cinnamon and vanilla and topped with crunchy nuts.
- Chicken Karahi by Nosaiba’s Food – A popular Pakistani chicken dish with a bit of a twist, and there is no long list of ingredients or boxed spiced mixes involved.
- Chicken Tikka Pizza by Super Duper Yumm Cooking – A spicy chicken tikka pizza is seriously my favourite pizza combination, ever.
- Chilli Cauflower by The Big Sweet Tooth – A veggie version of a popular Indo-Chinese dish that I have been wanting to try out for eons!
- Cheesy Garlic Party Bread – by Cheap Ethni Eatz – Ooey, gooey cheesy garlicky, crunch bread. Enough said.
5 Etsy Finds
- Rustic Birch Cake Stand – `A beautiful stand wooden that looks like it’s made from the actual trunk of a tree. Would make a great piece for a woodland themed occasion or to jazz up your dinner table.
- Mini Palm Wood Mortar and Pestle – This is just so cute, wait until you see the pictures. The wood has a beautiful grain to it and it would just be great for grinding up your own spices.
- Ceramic Lace Bowl – A handmade bowl in a cream colour with a romantic lace embossed like design on the outside. Pretty up your bowl of rice or cereal, guys.
- Handmade Wooded Chopsticks – If you were in the mood for noodles like I was this week, then you might want to check out these lovingly handcrafted wooded chopsticks in a beautiful deep colour.
- Chinese Porcelain Rice Bowl and Spoon – A very dainty coloured bowl that would be great for rice or some hot soup on these chilly autumnal days.
Like the background I used in my graphic? You can purchase it from my Etsy store, here.
If you haven’t already done so, remember to subscribe to my mailing list to receive a weekly newsletter with updates from the blog.
All subscribers receive a free copy of my E-Book, Essentials of Bangladeshi Cooking. Just remember to confirm your email subscription to the list, the email may end up in your spam or promotions folder.
And that’s it for now folks, have a lovely weekend!